In one month, Google received 75,000 applications for employment in one single week (last), setting a record hard to beat. This is due to the announcement previously made, that during this year it was going to hire 6000 new employees. A very good ad to cause this response from potential employees.
Google already has about 25,000 employees, but has major expansion plans in areas such as advertising, mobile telephony and applications. A very wanted and competitive area that has two other major competitors, Apple and Facebook. It’s very important to hire the right candidates who fit the profile required by Alan Eustace, vice president of Engineering and Research Google:
“We’re looking for top talent. We’ll hire as many smart, creative people as we can to tackle some of the toughest challenges in computer science: like building a web-based operating system from scratch, instantly searching an index of more than 100m gigabytes and even developing cars that drive themselves. ”
Although Google no longer tops the list of most desirable companies to work for, it is still very well positioned in this ranking and it is certainly one of the best places to work for the wide range of Internet-related professions.
You might also like:
- Speculations Surrounding iOS 8
- iPhone 6 – The Most Glamorous Smartphone For 2014
- Unique Features That Have Made Apple iPad 4 a Popular Device
- 5 Tips To Keep Your iPhone 5 in Excellent Condition
- A Detailed Review of The Apple iPhone 4S: Features and Characteristics
- Apple iPads: The Ultimate Gizmos!
- MacBook Pro 2011 Review: Features and Specifications