At their different blogs, Sony announced the new downloadable update to prepare for the total restoration of the PlayStation Network that failed on April 20. Hours later they announced that the PSN Restoration had started.
This is the announcement issued at the PlayStation Blog for the U.S.:
“Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.
Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated, which is required to get online.”
It is not clear if everyone is able to play online as we write this, but they have a map that shows which states have the service restored. You can check the official Playstation Blog to check if the service is back for your state.
Announcement Link: Click Here
You might also like:
- LG Has Announced The Optimus L1 II Smartphone For $95
- Sony Xperia i1 Honami Appeared on the First Teaser Image
- Will there be a Google Nexus 5 for Consumers?
- Unique Features That Have Made Apple iPad 4 a Popular Device
- How to Build a WordPress Site From Scratch
- Samsung Galaxy S5 is on Fire With Rumors All Around
- Mocknow vs Frame Box Mockup Tools – Wireframing Gems Compared