Warning: Illegal string offset 'Amount' in /home4/bear2005/public_html/wp-content/plugins/amazon-product-in-a-post-plugin/inc/aws_signed_request.php on line 179
Warning: Illegal string offset 'Amount' in /home4/bear2005/public_html/wp-content/plugins/amazon-product-in-a-post-plugin/inc/aws_signed_request.php on line 180
Warning: Illegal string offset 'CurrencyCode' in /home4/bear2005/public_html/wp-content/plugins/amazon-product-in-a-post-plugin/inc/aws_signed_request.php on line 180
Warning: Illegal string offset 'CurrencyCode' in /home4/bear2005/public_html/wp-content/plugins/amazon-product-in-a-post-plugin/inc/aws_signed_request.php on line 181
Warning: Illegal string offset 'FormattedPrice' in /home4/bear2005/public_html/wp-content/plugins/amazon-product-in-a-post-plugin/inc/aws_signed_request.php on line 182
How to Protect Yourself From Becoming an Online Fraud Victim – As technology advances, people are gaining advanced skills as well. There has been increased number of online fraud cases in the recent years, carried out by expert hackers. Although it is a big matter of concern, one tends to ignore it most of the times. This leads to an easy gateway for expert hackers to get access to our personal information, which may cost you big time.
Why Protect Yourself From Becoming an Online Fraud Victim
If gone into wrong hands, credit card details, can make a deep hole in your pocket. Nonetheless, some technologies have been devised to help you as well. Keeping in mind the growing expertise of hackers in the field of computing technologies, one can never become 100% secure. However, you can take some basic and essential steps to pose serious bottlenecks in the ways of hackers, and become safer.
Here are some basic ways through which you can protect yourself from becoming an Online Fraud Victim:
- Never disclose your passwords or other personal information with anyone. PayPal and other similar websites offer safe ways to sending and receiving payments. Moreover, there have been incidences, wherein some fraudsters try to get your personal information through spam emails. Beware of such emails. In addition, avoid sharing your bank details with anyone.
- Going for the paid version of a reliable antivirus is highly recommended. Although there is free antivirus available online, they do not provide complete online security. Installing Firefox software could be an intelligent step in order to minimize the chances of any online fraud. Some prominent antivirus companies are Norton, Microsoft and McAfee.
- Never hesitate in contacting the correct authorities, if you receive a suspicious email. For instance, PayPal offers 24 hours assistance on any such cases. You could notify them at the time of your convenience, and there will be almost instant response to your queries and complaints.
- Most importantly, you should visit the authenticated websites only for online shopping purposes. As it includes sharing your credit card details, you should keenly check for the website’s reliability factor. You could check the past customer reviews on the services of the website. Some special add-on features that help check the authenticity of such websites are available online, such as the one provided by McAfee. You can consider using them for this purpose. Good websites use security signs such as https// (note that regular websites don’t have the s, the s means it’s a secure website).
- Last, but not the least, keep your computer in safe hands. If you are on a shared computer, never remember your email passwords on it. It is advisable not to put your computer in anyone’s hands, until and unless the person is reliable. You can increase your online security in many more ways. All you need to do is keep yourself updated.
If you take care of the above discussed points, you can work fearlessly on your computer with complete freedom. Use your common sense, and hackers will not be able to take unfair advantage of their skills in any way.
You might also like:
- Mocknow vs Frame Box Mockup Tools – Wireframing Gems Compared
- Amazon Kindle Fire Full Color Tablet: Incredible Gadget
- How to Update the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to the Latest Gingerbread XXKG6 2.3.4
- Essential WordPress Tools for any Website
- How to Update ASUS Eee PAD Transformer TF101 to Honeycomb 3.2
- Convert CD to MP3 with CDex Portable
- How to Watch TV on Android